Precious Baby Boy

I was due on 28th November 2006. I had my hospital bag ready months early!!

On the 20th November I had some contractions but then they stopped so It must have been Braxton Hicks. The next night I had some twinges but nothing major so went to sleep. I Kept waking up through the night with slight pains but I was so tired I just kept going back to sleep. I woke up in the morning of the 22nd November about 9am with pains, kind of like period pains but tighter, very hard to explain.

I thought it was just going to stop like 2 days earlier. Slowly they started getting worse, still not that bad though. I woke up my husband and started timing them. They started getting closer and I was thinking "Is this really it...??" I was excited but the fear took over. We Phoned the hospital and they said it sounded like the start of labour but to stay at home till the contractions got closer. I was too scared to do that!!

It must have been about 11amwhen I decided to go in. We got in the car and made our way to hospital. The pains were getting really bad. With each contraction I was lifting myself up off the seat! I remember walking into the hospital and getting a bad contraction and standing there holding onto hubby and screaming. Everyone was looking but I didn't care!

We got into the birth centre. They were great and so relaxed. There was no examination… they just told me to have a shower and sit on this big birthing ball. That helped for a bit but then the pain got worse. I remember sending my hubby to get me a turkish delight!! Even in pain I can still think about chocolate!

The pain got worse, I screamed and shouted at the midwife for gas and air and she finally gave me it, and it was great!!!!! They thought I hadn't started dilating yet because my contractions were still quite far apart, so they checked and I was 4cm. What a relief... but it also made me think "How bad is this going to get if I got another 6cm to go!??"

Much of the middle bit between here and the birth is a bit blurred... (probably the gas and air) but I remember giggling like mad between contractions, high off the gas!! Once I got to the pushing stage, my waters broke. It showed that baby had done a poo inside me (Great!) so we had to be transferred to the delivery suite.

Not long after Igot there my beautiful boy was born at 18:05 weighing a healthy 8lbs 4oz. He was sogorgeous. They took him off me straight away to check he hadn't swallowed any poo.He was fine thank goodness so they passed him to me. I felt like the luckiest person inthe whole world.

Before you have a child you can never imagine that your heart canhold that much love so instantly! It’s the most wonderful feeling in the world. It iswell worth the pain. I cried when I first held him. My little angel. I stayed up all night watching him. My precious baby boy.

Comments

No response to “Precious Baby Boy”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share
 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger