Little Jaxson

I had twins born on October 10th 2007. Twin A Jaxson George McGee 2lbs 8oz and 14inches in length. Twin B- Briannah 1010 grams or 2lbs 3 oz and 14 inches in legnth. They were born in Toronto. They went into the NICU at mount Sanai Hospital in Toronto.

I had a emergency c-section because Twin B Sack Broke. When Discharged from Hospital my babies were still to stay in the NICU as they had to grow to come home they were so tiny. There were across from each other in the NICU.

When I was Discharged I stayed at the Ronald Macdonald house in Toronto. My hubby came up from Collingwood on the 15th he got to the hospital at about 8:30pm. We both went into the NICU. we went in for a hour the twins were doing good. We then left to go and get some sleep.

I woke up at 4:00am to go pee and then the phone rang it was the nurse telling me Jaxson had got sick at 1am and you might want to come down because Jaxson doesnt look or doing good at all. So we headed there and got there 10 minutes later.

We got there and rang the phone that u call in to say who u are here to see. A pregnant nurse opened the door and she was crying and right there I knew it was not good. I looked straight across the room and seen my little mans lights flashing and heard the beeping we went over to the incubator and Jaxson was laying there so helpless, his arms were spread so far out and his pupils looked very weird.

I had asked is he alive and they said yes but he is on a lot of support right now. So they were giving him CPR and after about 1 hr at 5:30am they could no longer help him and he flat lined and I seen my little boy die in front of me.

This was the hardest thing me and my husband had to experience seeing our little boy die. They took us to the back showed us some x-rays. And asked if we wanted to hold our son we said we would love that. So we went into this room called a Care by Parent room. Where we got to spend time with our little man.

It was hard but we loved holding our baby, at times my stomach was turning and i felt sick and We cried a lot. Here we were spending time with our baby that died. We had family come up to meet our little boy but not the way we wanted them to meet Jaxson.

After all the family left we spent another few hours with our baby it was so hard to let go but 12 hours was enoughtime and he had to go for his Autopsy. We had to leave our little girl in Toronto in the NICU and had to go plan and take care of the funeral little did I know you dont have much time to plan for this.

I had a lot of support and a very good turn out at my sons funeral. The burriel was hard to see our little one being lowered into the ground and my dad and father in law lowered him into the ground. It has been a year and it is still very hard, I think of my Jaxson each and every day and miss him to death.

Everyday that goes by you think it would get easier but the pain is always there just knowing that we want to kiss him and hug him. This is such a hard thing to experience. IN march 2008 we got the results of the Autopsy and Jaxson Passed away from a Displacment of a Embilical Catheter into the Liver Perionatal Cavity.

Crystal McGee- Elliot Lake

Comments

No response to “Little Jaxson”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share
 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger