Owen

My second child Owen was born in 2006.

I was scheduled to be induced with this pregnancy 2 weeks before my due date due to the meconium scare with my first child. Everything went well until they broke my water. Once they did that the baby's heart rate kept dropping.

They had me lay in all kinds of different positions in my bed to see if that would help. I remember being on all fours on my bed, with my butt sticking up in the air, gown probably not covering it! The nurse had me lift my leg to check me and I was so embarrassed.

Then, in no time at all, a team of nurses and my doctor came rushing in to take me for surgery. I was SHOCKED because I had never imagined needing a c-section, yet here I was, baby in distress flying down the hall to the surgery room. I had never had a surgery before and having the c-section was like a dream.

They put that curtain up so that you can't see, yet I could feel tugging and pushing. It was like an ER episode only it was happening to me! Needless to say, Owen was born healthy and my husband was able to cut the cord that just happened to be around Owen's neck two times.

Comments

No response to “Owen”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share
 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger